Books are the source of knowledge, entertainment, and inspiration. Through them, we go deep into the world of possibilities, adventures, and phantasy.Motivational books teach us when we read words, written by man and women from around the whole world. If books are inspirational, we can be lifted just with positive thoughts. Powerful and positive words create our environment because we are influenced to think in a right way, toward our progress. Our mind expands and opens gates to other ideas. It never goes back to the previous state.
There are few books, which are valuable and have an enormous impact on the people’s lives.
1. Earl Nightingale’s Greatest Discovery ” The Strangest Secret…Revisited”. This famous essay was written in 1956. The main idea is that we become what we think. An author writes that thoughts are things. It is true. Now science recognizes the importance of positive thinking, especially in the medical field. Various visualization techniques help people achieve goals. In dark ages, hunters painted images of animals and visualized them as already attained prey. In his book, Earl Nightingale shows how to achieve goals, became who you want to be, using his techniques. It is a book, which helps realize enormous potential, hiding in each other of us.
2. Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist. This novel is a phenomenon. It is sold over 65 million copies worldwide. Excellent story about the shepherd, who followed his dream and went to spiritual journey looking for treasure in Egypt. The Alchemist is a book, full of timeless wisdom, a tale about universal language, understandable to every live creature. In every sentence of the book, hides knowledge. It seems at first that it is a fairy tale, but it is not. These situations can happen for all of us. Searching for the meaning of life, accomplishing old dreams, overstepping fears, learning from bad situations and turning them to life experience, meeting new people and not judging them by their shape, language, understanding that everything and everybody is connected, prompts the reader to stop before new paragraph and rethink what written.
3. Baltasar Gracian’s The Art of Worldly Wisdom: A Pocket Oracle. This book was written three hundred years ago by Jesuit scholar. An author gives us the opportunity to be acquainted with strategic ways how to know, act, and judge. Book gives us insight how to behave in society, be the diplomat and develop strong character. As Gracian wrote:” Don’t give explanations to those who haven’t asked for them..” or ” Associate with those you can learn from.” It is timeless wisdom from the past, which is appropriate today.
4. Victor E. Frankl’s Man’s Search for Ultimate Meaning. This book is about spiritual survive in Nazi death camps. It shows that we can not avoid suffering, but we can learn how to cope with it, find meaning in it and move on with renewed purpose. An author concludes that our primary drive in life is discovery and seeking of what we find full of meaning. Victor E. Frankl wrote: ” Everyone has his specific vocation or mission in life to carry out a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is as unique as is his specific opportunity to implement it.” Overall, it is not easy to read, when somebody has sensitive nature. We are so used to comfort, to situations, when mostly everything solved for us. Here in this book, the author describes his life from living and working in one of most beautiful European cities as professional to surviving in Nazi camps as vulnerable human being. A person, who lost everything, except his pride, joy of life and hope.
5. David R.Hawkins Power Versus Force. In this book, the author describes consciousness levels, universal concepts about human nature. There is represented muscle testing through applied kinesiology.This book gives hope and understanding that we can get answers to every question thanks to described method.
6. Louise L. Hay’s Heart Thoughts: a Treasury of Inner Wisdom. This book is a source of wisdom, insights how to love, forgive yourself and be free from prejudice and self-hatred. Author Louise L.Hay is the founder of Hay House. She is an author of books such as You Can Heal Your Life, Experience Your Good Now!
7. Robin Sharma’s Mega Living! 30 days to a Perfect life Inspirational guide how to reach heights, using motivational techniques, changing habits in everyday’s life. This book shows how to step by step improve character, take care of your body and mind. It guides you how to set goals for present and future and how to accomplish them. Robin Sharma is a leading author of self-improvement books. Usually, if we are grown seeing just one way how to accomplish things, it is refreshing to read books of authors, who recommend effective and nourishing body and mind ways. His book A Monk, who Sold Ferrari, is translated to fifty-one language and is sold over four million copies.
8. Deepak Chopra’s Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul. From medical doctor position, an author analyzes relationships between body and mind. Our bodies are not machines, consisting of the parts, which could change. It is awesome creation, which is secret for best of scientists. This book shows how to accept yourself, how to trust your heart and intuition. Extending our senses, how do we see ourselves and other people, can be a start to reinventing your bodies and souls, because they both are connected.9. Timothy Ferriss The 4-Hour Workweek This book for people, who have a desire to escape vicious 9 to 5 working cycle, reinvent themselves, accomplish dreams and be fear free, content with themselves and surrounding world. At first, it looks like the crazy idea but reading this book full of steps, advice how to achieve your dreams. makes me feel that always life has many open doors for us. I like a warning on the cover back: Do not read this book unless you want to quit your job. An author, Timothy Ferriss is a colorful, dynamic personality. He reads lectures in Princeton University, skies in the Andes, dances the tango in Bueno Aires, scuba dives in Panama, drives the motorcycle through China and Europe. He writes in simple, understandable language, mostly talking about dangerous things with the sense of humor. His book is as the encyclopedia, where you can find all options, ways, and answers how to be own boss.
What kind of books do you like to read? What influence did you get from them? I would be happy to hear from you. Please, leave a comment below.
An update. Timothy Ferriss published a book Tools of Titans. I read this book now. If you want to find out that Arnold Swarzneger thinks about life or Maria Popova about reading, you must check this book. Best visioners, writers, health professionals and wealthy people share their experience with various aspects of life. It is another mind-stretching book.